My first teaching practice
It was February 7th 2017 and I was teaching my first class
to advanced English II section “B”. At the beginning, I was nervous because I
didn’t have idea about what way my class was going to take. As it was time to
start the class, the teacher suggested me to start it with the students that
were in the classroom in that moment; nevertheless, I told him that I needed
more students to start the class. After at least the half of the students of
the section arrived, I started the class. I can say it was nice to know how
other people whom I just had shared some moments with, were going to respond to
the class someone knew was about to start.
At the beginning of the class, everybody was paying
attention, and I know that they liked the first activity I did which was
“broken telephone”. For this activity, I decided to make two groups and even
though some of them were cheating in order to pass the message, they enjoyed
the game as some students were asking me to see again the proverbs they were
writing on the board.
During the next activity, I felt worried because I was
going to introduce the grammatical part; however, I tried to involve my
students because it was necessary that they could understand the grammatical
part of the topic I was teaching. After some minutes, I felt comfortable because
I tried to clarify every doubt students could have at that moment. I can say
that I tried to explain to them as clear and concise as I could in order to
have them use the target language in the following activity.
At the end, it was cool to have my students write and talk about a famous person because I noticed how engaged the rest of their classmates were when trying to guess who their classmates were talking about. In conclusion, I felt really nice to be there with a group of students that worked and behaved properly during my whole class.
At the end, it was cool to have my students write and talk about a famous person because I noticed how engaged the rest of their classmates were when trying to guess who their classmates were talking about. In conclusion, I felt really nice to be there with a group of students that worked and behaved properly during my whole class.

Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
ResponderEliminarhello Wilfredo, I really like all the details that you include in this hot reflection. For example, with the grammar point in which you tried to involve all your students, I think thats a great idea because in that way students will make a connection between the previous activity with the grammar point ! good job wilfredo.
ResponderEliminarI like the activities that you did to have students engaged, and I agree with you about the activity of the famous people because I did it, too, and I could see students enjoy this activity as you said.
ResponderEliminarteaching grammar point is not easy, but i can see you did a great job. I really like the way you involve the students in grammar point because that is something difficult to do.
ResponderEliminarHey Wilfredo! I know it is hard to introduce Grammar in the first class is not that easy but you handled it well. Also, i like the activity of “broken telephone”. i bet you will have a better class now that you know they like to work in class.
ResponderEliminarHey Wilo! As I read in your entry, your students enjoyed every step of the class, and it was great!
ResponderEliminarI consider every of us are afraid of how to explain grammar, but it was good for you because your students got it.