domingo, 26 de marzo de 2017



My First Teaching Practice (2nd Period)


It was March 22nd 2017 and I was teaching my first class in the English Access Program. I was not nervous this time since I knew beforehand the way students worked. As it was late and the bell had not rang, I was afraid the remaining time for my development of the class was not going to be enough. The class started around 3:06 in the afternoon, so what I did first was to share with students my expectations and the way I was going to work with them. As soon as I did such thing, I spread some pieces of paper for students could write their names on them. After some minutes of being in the classroom, I took students to the basketball field in order to perform the warm up activity called “group link”. I could see their good attitude toward the warm up activity, and their refusing attitude to go back to the classroom. Besides, I could notice that they enjoyed to have a funny moment before the beginning of the class.

Similarly, I really admire my students' willingness to participate in every activity and the good attitude they have all the time. The focus of the topic started when I asked students to discuss in pairs a question I had brought. They were talking about this for a while, and later on, I asked some of them what some ideas about the question were.


Following the course of the class, I tried to get my students involved in the next activity, which was the grammar explanation of the topic. For this step, I brought to the class a puppet which was going to help me out with the explanation of the reported speech. I noticed students were engaged during this part of the class since I could see them carefully listening to what the puppet and I were saying. Students understood the usage of the topic very fast so that I asked them to work on their book in order to complete some exercises on reported speech; however, they had some problems while working on it because they found these exercises harder than the ones I explained to them. On the other hand, I consider that not having the exercises students were going to develop beforehand was something that hindered my success of the class since I got a bit confused when I actually saw the difficulty of them. Furthermore, the remaining time for the last activity was not enough as the bell rang and they all had to leave. In brief, I can say that it was a very enriching experience which is going to help me do a better job in further classes.  








1 comentario:

  1. very good will!! you have to take advantange of the willingness of your students to participate. just keep checking the time...

    ResponderEliminar