lunes, 3 de abril de 2017



My Third Teaching Practice (2nd Period)

Sometimes it is difficult to start a process which is a requirement in our teaching area, but it feels good to see others succeed thank to your work and effort. In my case, every time I finish something that has been not a challenge but a rewarding task, I feel happy because I know that some people learned something new that is going to be useful in their lives. This day, April 3rd, 2017, I had the chance to finish a process that started without knowing anybody the way my new group of students were going to work since they did not know me beforehand.

At the very beginning of today’s class, I felt worried since the bell had not rang, and my mentor had not arrived to the classroom. However, when I started the class I tried to keep positive and relaxed so that I could transmit my positivism to my students. First of all, as the focus of my class was going to be a review on what my students had been studying since days before, I had them write a sentence on a page, which later they threw to the front of the classroom in form of a stone. When they all had gotten one that was not theirs, they transformed it to the indirect speech form.

Consequently, I had them stand up in order to have them all talk about sources of internet, which was a review of the studied topics. As I had to be creative with today’s class, I asked them to make two groups, one inside the other one, because in that way they could discuss the questions I brought for them. They were discussing the questions for some minutes and later I told them to sit down again. Later on, I had to move to the next activity in which they had to create some sentences, but I think it did not work really well since most of my students had some problems to do it, so I reduced their work to facilitate it. As a result I saw that it helped them with the next step of the activity which was to guess whether what their peer had written was true or false.  


Lastly, I had them play a board game, which was created by myself. For this last activity, I had them work in groups of five to discuss the statements or perform the challenges presented there. I could see their enthusiasm while talking and taking turns to see what the rest of their classmates were about to do or talk about. To sum up, I can say that the development of my class was good since I had my students using the target language while interacting with each other during the my whole teaching time. 





1 comentario:

  1. Hello my friend, well I can say that you have improved a lot, so congratulations because you are working hard and doing your best. I think that the activities that you developed were perfect because they allowed Ss to speak, interact with their classmates, and something that I like is that you planned the board game which is good because you have creativity to elaborate activities.

    ResponderEliminar