My second teaching
practicum
Today, February 14th 2017, I was teaching
my second class. In this opportunity, I thought that everything was going to be
better than the first time, yet I felt more nervous this time and I think it was because there were more students.
This day I prepared the warm up hot potato, but I only
had few people when the teacher told me to start the class. I started the class
with the students I had, and the rest of students were incorporating to the game
as they were entering the classroom. I think that some students in this level feel
ashamed when speaking in English. I could notice the problems they had when
talking about something as they had some grammar mistakes.
As the class moved on, I continued with a brief review
on the topic they had been studying for some days, so they could refresh their knowledge
about it and it worked well because students still remembered the main points
of the grammar part. I knew that students needed more practice on the relative
clauses, so I brought for them a practice so that they could put into practice
their previous knowledge. I could notice during this step that students were
learning a lot because they did the exercises very fast and they didn’t make
any mistake. In order to continue with the class, I asked students to work on
their book and answer some statements that it had based on a writing activity. I could
see that some of them had some ideas written on that part because they said
they did it during their free time, but I waited until the rest of students had
finished to start asking for ideas, and I continue noticing the problems they
had when speaking, but I was helping them on what I could so that they could
feel more confident.
At the end, the final activity was a debate in which
they were ashamed again to start talking, so I decided to choose someone in
order to start the ideas about the topic to be discussed, and I can say that
after some minutes they got engaged with the activity as they were many
volunteers when they wanted to share their ideas. In general, I think that
everything worked well because my students participate every time I ask them to
do it.


Hey wilo! as I read in your entry, your class was better than the first one.
ResponderEliminaryour students developes very good the activities you prepared for them, and that´s good.
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
ResponderEliminarHi Will! As I could read you had some problems to make students speak, but I think you encouraged students to speak and not feel ashamed as you said they felt and that was good because at the end you had students engaged and participating.
ResponderEliminar