lunes, 20 de febrero de 2017




My third teaching practicum



It was February 20th and I had my last teaching practicum with my students from advanced English II. First of all, this day I started the class with a warm up activity called “red elbow” for which students were willing to perform it; however, I think that it becomes difficult when the rest of students are still arriving to the classroom because one has to explain again to them what the activity consists of, so it happened to me today and I wasted more minutes in this activity than I expected, hopefully I can say it is rewarding to know that my students liked the activity.


Secondly, during the beginning of the main focus of the class, I was checking with my students the exercises they had as homework and I could realize that some of them hadn’t done the homework yet, but they were helped by their classmates when I asked them to read their sentences. As I could notice during this part, students had some problems with the expressions they were supposed to include on the exercises, but I helped them out with the best answer. Later on, we moved to the next activity in which they had to complete a listening for details part in which they did a great job, too. After this, I had them working in pairs and discussing about some statements they had on their books, so they were asking me for some ways to say some expressions.

 Finally, I had them discussing with their partner one topic they wanted to talk about for the last part of the class, and while they were doing this they were asking me for some unknown words they found, so at the end I asked for volunteers to pass to the front to share the ideas that they had and some students passed to the front. Thank God everything worked well during my last teaching practicum with this group that provided me with a lot of knowledge to put into practice in further classes. 













5 comentarios:

  1. Hey wilfredo!! I could notice that you developed a lot of activities in your last practice, and even better that you had time for doing them. Late arrival of students is always a problem, but i know you could managed it. Wondrous!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Well, I can say that you did a good job in giving directions. Moreover, I consider that you achieve the objective of your class.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Wilfredo, I'd be thrilled to be in your class if I were a student in it! It sounds like your students are having tons of fun while learning takes place in it.

    Concerning your tardiness issue with some Ss, feel free to talk to your mentor and explain to him/her that you'll leave out late comers. I know it sounds a bit out of the realm of kindness, but you're there to get good grades. Besides that, it could help discipline your students to be a bit more punctual. Hope you're able to cope with it successfully!!

    ResponderEliminar